The Women in Esports initiative is gaining an additional seven members to its committee to continue its goal of improving representation and diversity within esports.
British Esports, the not-for-profit national body launched a campaign back in 2019 to provide a platform for marginalised genders, where it is possible to celebrate women in the esports space and utilise their collective knowledge to support others.
The committee is currently made up of ten members who work across various roles, from Broadcasting to Event Management. Joining them this month are a further seven members who come from some of the leading institutions in esports.
Those members include –
- Jasmine Hong. Operations Executive, British Esports
- Leah Alexandra. Content Creator, EXCEL
- Dominika Szot. Head of Brand Strategy, GRID Esports
- Karen Low. Managing Director EMEA, Story Mob
- Becks Donaldson. Talent Executive, DotXTalent
- Becky Wright. Senior Partnerships Manager, NSE
- Giulia Zecchini. Commercial Strategy Director, ESL FACEIT Group
These new additions take the committee count up to 17 members, and collectively, they intend to continue the initiative’s mission to advocate for a broader diversity in esports and also provide further education on the esports space.
British Esports intends to run numerous activities throughout the initiative such as social media campaigns that span various social media channels. The committee intends to meet a minimum of three times a year to continue its efforts.